Tuesday, May 16, 2017

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Life is life.  It is what it is.  Day in day out life does what it does.

I am here, not thinking, no conclusions beyond “life is life”. 

I do not know anything besides that.  I do not know anything that is not in my experience.

By experience, I know that accepting life changes brings peace.

Perhaps there are no things that I cannot change.  Perhaps those things that are thought to be outside of my control, are not outside my control.  I am open.

I like the saying, “Believe all things but only hold fast to that which proves true.”

Is that a correct thought?

Thank “you” for my body and mind and my life.  Thank you that I do not get irritated, upset or angry when life does what it does, when earth and people do what they do.  I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but I enjoy life more when I am at peace.

Thank you that I accept what is, while working to obtain what I need, want and desire, even if what I seek does not turn out the way I thought.

I don’t know what else there is to accept, or what I should think different.

I know I do not know much, at least within my conscious awareness.  I do not know how I came to be, or how I continue to be.  I don’t know the workings of my body or mind, and why they do what they do.  I don’t know why anything was created, if indeed there is a why. 

I know as a conscious being that I seek comfort, pleasure, interesting things to do, adventure, to challenge myself, to do things that I haven’t done, even while seeking to do the things I have done that I like.

I know that the mystery of life, of what’s next, of what might or could happen is part of the adventure of life. 

Thank you for the way things were, are and will be.  THANK YOU.  Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment