Sunday, May 21, 2017

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

What is everyone doing?

Living their lives.

First sixteen years, life did us. 

If we discard the sixteen years and start over and do ourselves, what then?

I was born into a world not of my making.  I have to deal with what is, with what I found here on earth.

I discard everything that is not provable.
I accept the things I cannot change.
I work to change what I can.

I see systems at work.  I adjust to the systems to have a good life.

I’ll only be here about ninety years.  Then this adventure is over.

What do I want?  What motivates me?

I have intelligence, emotions, personality, disposition, sex, body type, looks, likes and dislikes.  I’m making the best of who I am while here.  The best is being able to do what I like and not do what I don’t like.

Whether I like something or not, I do things I like, which means I sometimes do things I don’t like to get something I like more.

Mostly I have to deal with other people, but ultimately I have to deal with myself, my reactions and actions with other people and their likes and dislikes.

Sometimes I acquiesce to them to get along, mostly I stay away from them so I don’t have to suffer them.

I pursue my own interests.

There are prices to pay, things one must do to get what one needs, wants and desires.  Sometimes those prices are too high and I do with less or without.

In the past there are things I wanted, things I valued, but I have changed, and today I value different things.

I value peace and quiet.  I value interesting things to do a lot more than the thoughts, opinions, beliefs and doings of other people.  I leave people alone unless they come to me, and then I either engage them or chase them away.  It depends on their attitudes.

My family is diverse, as all large families are.  I do not value them above other people.  Ultimately, they are people I know quite well.  If I knew other people quite well I would treat them the same.  I am not a respecter of persons.  Everyone does right in their own eyes.  If I were everyone, I would think we are doing right.  I think I am doing right, and they think they are doing right.  No need to judge them one way or the other.  Mostly I give people no thought whatsoever.

I’m more inclined to do things for people I know real well.  It seems natural to do so, however, I’ve done a lot for people I do not know.  I suppose that’s part of being human.  I look at the human family as my family.  But the family is so big I don’t know them specifically, but do know them generally.  I know each person has needs, wants and desires, and want what they want for whatever motivations and reasons.

I like the idea of people enjoying their lives without forcing or hurting others.  If someone forces or hurts others, for whatever personal motives, reasons, needs, wants and desires, they might as well be dead.  As far as I’m concerned, if they will not stop, if they will not change their behavior, they have more value holding up a tombstone.

Kids don’t know who they are.  Adults don’t know who kids are.  When you have a kid, you have a mystery in your hands.  Most of our lives are spent trying to find out what we are, what we like and dislike.  There are general likes and dislikes we all share, but how intense they are is another thing.  If you have kids you don’t know how they will turn out.  It’s a literal crap shoot....even after their out of diapers.

Families give and get more breaks than strangers.  It’s human nature.  Families do more things for each other they do for strangers.  At least you know who you’re dealing with....to a point.  Beyond that point, it’s a crap shoot again.  Sometimes you just don’t know.

Good thing we all die.  Maybe we do it again....and again.  New beginnings....over and over.  Sunrise, sunset, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter, the never ending cycle of life.

“WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ADVENTURE....AGAIN.”

No comments:

Post a Comment