Friday, May 19, 2017

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

George was upset.  

I asked, “What’s the problem?”


“My car won’t start?”


“Why is that a problem?”


“Because I have to be to work or I’ll lose my job?”


“Why is that a problem?”


“If I lose my job, I can’t pay the rent and I’ll get kicked out.”


“Why is that a problem?”


“I won’t have anywhere to live.  I’ll be homeless.”


“Why is that a problem?”


“I don’t want to be homeless.”


“You’re problem is that you think you have a problem.”


“Well, what would you do?”

Once upon a time my wife, six young kids and I lived in a small town.  I lost my job and now within a week would lose our house.  We had no money to move or get another place to live. 

It was Christmas Eve, and we drove fifty miles to a friends house.  On the way a front wheel came off my pickup.  There was no way to fix it on the side of the road. 

My wife asked, “What are we going to do?”

I said, “We will sit here and freeze to death.”

“No...really.  What are we going to do?”

“If it’s not our time to die or live on the side of the road, things will work out.”

Someone stopped to help.  I asked them to call my friend and tell him where we were.  An hour later my friend arrived and looked at the situation.  We left the pickup in the snow and went to his house and enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

While at my friends house we learned of a place for rent.  It was a 10X50 trailer that needed work.  It had a wood burning stove.  If we cleaned it we could move in for no rent the first two months.  My older daughter paid to hook-up the electricity.  We were now in a comfy place, and within a week the pickup was fixed (someone gave us the part it needed off an old junk pickup).  shortly I found a new job, a better job.

I never have a problem because I give no thought whatsoever to whatever is happening.  Why complicate life?  Things will either work out for your comfort or they won’t, and either way it will be what it will be.  Thinking is wasted energy.  The solution is always in the doing, not the judging, complaining, condemning or railing against what is.

When you are ONE with the COSMOS, life is wonderful adventure no matter what happens to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment